Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Iraq Study Group handoff

Here's an interesting take on whether Bush really means what he says about taking into consideration what's in the report. I think it is a very valid point with Cheney and ROve in place if the president will be willing to do some of the more radical suggestions in the report. Like talking to Iran and Syria. I think the answer to that is no.

I've gone through the first few pages and have highlighted what I think is important. I'll be sharing my thoughts on it soon.

2 comments:

Arthur Schenck said...

You're right, that is an interesting take. I especially liked when he said,

"Cheney and his loyalists are largely responsible for the deception, delusion and incompetence that brought us to where we are today in Iraq. Rove intentionally turned the war into the most ferocious and divisive of partisan issues. Neither man has shown any sign of remorse."

Which is why I'm pessimistic that anything will happen until there's a new president.

Jason in DC said...

Well time I think has passed the two of them by.

Bush will be under huge pressure to make changes especially as the presidential election gets closer.

As we say in my family we'll see.