Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trying to Return to Thoughts Political

My plan had been to do that with Obama’s acceptance speech last week. I’ve been avoiding posting on politics because it would end up being a diatribe against the Republicans. I have to say I’m just a little fed up with everything that’s going on. Also the political ads have started running here and I’m tired of them already. I think the new voice over in the ads should be I’m (politician or super pack name) and I approved this lie.

I’d also planned to go spinning last Friday morning. Now you may wonder how these two very different things are tied together. Well here’s how. I decided before Obama’s speech started I would get ready for my spinning class Friday morning. Got my gear together put it in my backpack. I filled my water bottle a quarter of the way with water. I was then going to put it in the freezer. In the morning take it out and fill the rest of it with water.

I opened the freezer door to find water dripping down from the inside top of it. Most all of the items in the shelves on the door had melted. The frozen vegetables were sort of less than completely frozen. The things in the actual refrigerator were barely cold.

I was a little less than pleased with this. (But I figured out it was around 14 years old.) I threw out most of what was in the frig. The vegies went too. But there was no way I was going to throw out all the chicken I had in the freezer. Giant had had a big sale the previous week so I’d stocked up. I decided to pull the frig out from where it was. I ended up putting in the middle of the kitchen with the back of it facing into my dinning room. I then got a fan, turned it on and pointed it to where the compressor. This is what happened to my dad’s frig. The fan that cooled the compressor was giving out and that caused the frig to to warm. I figured it was worth a try. I hoped for the best and went to bed.

In the morning the frig was “fine.” The freezer was freezing and even the frig was cool. This of course was not a long term solution but I hope would work until I got a new one.

I did some research on-line to figure out where to go. I also figured out that I had to get a 18.2 cubic foot size. Anything larger wouldn’t fit in the space I had. I got up eraly on Friday and went down to Home Depot to see what they had. The answer was not much. They also were expensive. I went back to my house and did some more research. I found a model I liked at Sears. Headed out to Sears. They were busy. There were a couple people in front of me who ended up buying refrigerators too. My time finally came. I got a Kenmore. In fact it is essentially the same model I had. This time no ice maker since I don’t have an easy way of hooking it up.

I was told it would come on Wednesday. And on Wednesday there it was. Charlie and Linus enjoyed where I’d moved the old one since they could get up on the top. They were not as pleased when I got the new one. I really like it. It is quiter than the old one. There’s also a lot more space in the freezer without the ice maker. The chicken stayed frozen so all’s well etc etc.


Linus enjoying himself resting on top of the old frig.

No comments: