Monday, March 19, 2007

Light bulbs

I went out and bought a bunch of those compact fluorescent light bulbs. At least I think I did. I got them at Home Depot. They didn't seem to be as expensive as I read so I hope I bought the right ones. I'm pretty sure that I did. These are made by a company called n:vision.

It is interesting that there are several different type of bulbs. You can get 3 versions of the "100 watt" bulb. There's a soft white, bright white and day light. I've replaced most of my regular bulbs in lamps or fixtures that I use often. It will be interesting to see, what if any difference, there will be in my electric bill.

1 comment:

Arthur Schenck said...

Good on you changing bulbs. The website onebillionbulbs.com calculates that the bulbs we've replaced so far will prevent 559.92kg of CO2 from entering the atmosphere each year. In the past, when I've changed a number of bulbs at once, I noticed a drop in the electricity bill, so it wasn't insignificant. Plus, the bulbs last a LONG time, and that's good in itself--after all, who wants to change bulbs?