Sunday, March 04, 2007

Open House

It’s Sunday afternoon. I try and take a little longer walk than usual on Sunday. A fun way to do that is to go to open houses. It also gives me a good idea of just how great my house really is.

I walked a little over 2.3 miles. I saw two places. There didn’t seem to all that many places to see. March might be a slow time. It is amazing what is being asked for houses in this area now. I couldn’t afford to live here now. I bought at the right time.

The first place was going for $500,000 ok it lists for $499,990. As the flyer says it has 4 spacious bedrooms (I don’t think they know what spacious is supposed to mean because the rooms were not spacious). It has some of the most God awful wall paper I’ve ever seen. The second place was selling for $549,900. It was much nicer no horrible wall paper. Although the upstairs bathroom didn’t have a door.

The amazing thing is that yesterday I got my tax assessment. In five years it has increased 3 fold. I certainly did buy at the right time.

No comments: