Sunday, July 08, 2007

The plant next door



This is the wonderful "plant" that is growing in my front yard. Well actually it is not my front yard but my next door neighbor's front yard. If the thing gets much bigger it will officially be in my part of our shared front yard.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this thing. Since the woman who lives in the house rarely, if ever, comes out the front door, she won't be noticing it anytime soon. The few times the front yard is mowed it is done by someone else. So I'm thinking it is up to me to get rid of this thing. To give you an idea o how high the "plant" has grown, I'm 5'11" and it comes up to about my chin.

I'm going to give it a little while longer and then well the "plant" may just have to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

destroy it before it takes over. actually, you will probably never be able to rid yourself of it. one evening, you'll be sitting on your sofa watching television and the damn plant will be next to you asking for the remote. it's too late. you might as well move or resign yourself to a life as the plant's companion.

Anonymous said...

Let it be! Any plant that works that hard deserves to geep growing. You should be pleased that something like that is happening within your realm of experience. Cutting it down would be pathetically bourgeois, not to mention a violation of property rights of a neighbor, which is actually the opposite of bourgeois. Booooo! — Ed