Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sky Meadows

This is a great Virginia state park called Sky Meadows. It's about an hour and a half from my house.

October is their fall festival:


Celebrate the fall harvest at Mount Bleak Farm. Each full weekend in October brings live music, interpretive programs, living history demonstrations, a corn maze and old-fashioned games for the kids. The pick-your-own pumpkin patch is open every day, rain or shine.


I got up early and arrive there around 8:30. The most obvious thing that showed I wasn't in the city any more: driving past four buzzards that were having breakfast of a deer that had been hit by a car. They were very close to the road and didn't move when I drove by.

The three cows that you see blocked a trail that I was on. I decided to turn around and go in the other direction.

They had camping sites as well. But you had to walk in your camping gear. There were also metal poles about 7 or 8 feet tall. You attach your food to the hook that is provided so the animals don't get to it.

In all a very beautiful place. I hope to get back there when the leaves have changed colors.









1 comment:

The Caretaker said...

Interesting blog, like the photos, looks like a nice park to visit. And yes, "scofflaw" is not in print nor spoken much these days but it should make a comeback, what a great sounding word.
Regards,
Jeff Moore