Saturday, August 27, 2016

Gio Gets Win 100!



Another historic night at Nats Park, Gio Gonzalez gets win number 100.

But to start off the evening it was Max Scherzer Bobblehead night.




It was a see saw battle the Colorado Rockies. The Nats would score and the next inning the Rockies would score. It was just one run each time that is until the Nats scored 4 runs in the 7th and put the game away. There was a small amount of excitement in the top of the 9th where the Rockies were able to get three runs but still fell short. 8-5 Nats win.


The Nats strike first. Jayson Werth homers in the first.

Daniel Murphy solo shot in the 5th inning.

From the Post:
Thanks to Turner’s second infield hit of the game, Werth’s second RBI of the night and Bryce Harper’s first triple of the season, the Nationals piled on in the seventh. Harper, who doubled earlier in the game, did not have more than one extra-base hit in a game from April 23 to mid-August. He now has two such games in the past 12 days.



Gio gets win 100!

Gio's reaction to his win:
I’m happy I did it here with this organization,” Gonzalez said. “Oakland gave me an opportunity, and Washington helped me continue that opportunity, and I couldn’t be happier to do it with these colors and represent the Washington Nationals. They’ve been great to me and my family, and I couldn’t be happier with the crowd and group of guys I’ve been around for the last five seasons.

No comments: