Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Cooking with Hello Fresh

So my friend Thomas Drymon had to leave earlier on a trip than planned. He had a couple of Hello Fresh meals that he gave to me.

Over the weekend I made one of them. It was Italian chicken over lemony spaghetti. It was just a little nerve racking. I was supposed to Zest a lemon. I had no idea what that meant. I looked it up and found out. I also found out there was such a thing as a Zester in which to zest the lemon with. Who know? I sure didn't.

I'm glad I have a timer on both my phone and microwave because at one point I was timing two things: the chicken and the spaghetti. The one problem was at one point I forgot which timer was timing what. Thankfully the time left for both was pretty close so nothing was ruined. I also misread the recipe card on making the sauce so I used a little too much water. But it still came out OK.

And it turned out pretty damn well if I do say so myself.

Tonight I am going to try the other meal beef bulcogi meatball. This one looks a little more complicate. But as we say in my family we'll see.

No comments: