Saturday, January 07, 2012

Looking for Cough Medicine

I have this cough that won't seem to go away. I've had it on and off for about three weeks or so. I think it comes in part because the weather's changed. It's drier in my house. I'm sleeping with my mouth open and my throat becomes dry. That leads to the cough.

I had some cough medicine at home. In fact I had three of four bottles of the stuff. I took some and it actually did some good. I then looked at the bottles and found that three out of the four bottles had surpassed their expiration date. So I tossed them.

I went looking for some more. It turns out just about every damn bottle of the stuff is cherry flavored. I hate cherry. I'd rather eat dirt than eat or drink anything that is cherry flavored. Yet I wasn't able to find a bottle of cough syrup that wasn't cherry flavored. Except for kids cough syrup which wasn't exactly what I was hoping to loose.

I will continue my search for a non-cherry flavored cough medicine. In the mean time, I hold my nose while I'm taking the stuff and hope I don't gag on it.

No comments: