Monday, July 09, 2012

Hot Hot Hot

That’s the only way to describe the last few days. Wednesday 100. Thursday 101. Friday (the “cool” day) 99. Saturday 106. Sunday 102. Saturday was one of the three hottest days ever recorded in Washington.

So needless to say it’s been hot. I feel like a moist towelette by the time I get to the office or when I get home from work. It takes a little while to cool down from all the heat. I can’t imagine how people coped without having power after the storm last week. I came home one day during that time and my upstairs was 91. I at least had power and had window unit air conditioners so I could cool some of the house down. Can’t imagine how awful it would have been.

Even with air conditioning the heat still takes it toll. I’d hope to do some things around the house and some blogging since after all in this heat you certainly are not doing anything outside. But the heat just drains the energy out of you. Most nights I’d come home and make dinner. I’d promise myself that this night I’d do a blog post and do some cleaning. After dinner and doing the dishes, such as they were, I’d be spent. The irony of course is that if I’d had done something I would have been better off and felt less out of it.

The weather finally “broke” last night. I should say the temperature went down. It’s now in the low 80s as opposed to the low 100s (how often do you get to type that). But the humidity is still high. It was in the 70 percent range this morning. Thankfully that’s gone down. The dew point also seems to be dropping. The rest of the week looks like there will be a chance of rain each day.

Hopefully we won’t be seeing 100s for a while.

Even Linus and Charlie Brown didn't like the heat.


No comments: