Monday, May 11, 2020

Almost Asleep and Almost Awake Moments

Lately I've been having problems getting to sleep.

Well getting to bed and getting to sleep at a reasonable time.

With all of this stuff going on there is no sort of schedule anymore. A friend said well you don't work so how is your schedule off (first off thanks so much about the not having a job part). But as I said to him people in my neighborhood were getting up and going to work and I got used to that. Now of course that is not happening. Also there is almost no street noise any more.

So I've been having almost asleep and almost awake moments. They occur (obviously) right before you go to sleep and just as you're waking up.

My almost asleep moment has occurred a couple of times in the past week. I'm just about to go to sleep. Linus and Charlie have decided at that moment it is a good idea to run around like crazy cats all over the house. They have used me as a spring board to jump off of my bed and on to the floor. It's rather jarring because I'm just about to fall asleep and it happens twice in a matter of seconds.

Now the almost awake moments can be a little more disconcerting because you are trying to figure out why they happened.

My recent almost awake moment has occurred a couple of times too. In this, I am working with Renée Zellweger on the choreography for the last scene in her movie Judy. We are having a hell of time with one dance sequences. And filming is going to start on the scene in ten minutes. Just as we are called to the set, I wake up.

Now I have to say I don't have any idea where the hell this is coming from. But I wake up totally stressed out. It's a rather peculiar way to start you day.

No comments: