Saturday, May 30, 2020

Once Again on My Bike

Back on the bike. After taking a few days off I was on the bike again this morning for a short ride. (My thighs were saying what are you doing to us. We took you up and down your stairs all yesterday. Was that not enough?)

I did not go for a very long ride. I need to do stuff in the jungle that has become my back yard. And if I did a long ride I would be too tired out to do that.

Also I had a very restless night of sleep. First off I didn't get to be until after midnight. It was a very humid day. I had fans in the windows but they really weren't cooling down the house much.
The promised front and rain cooled things down but it also got windy. Next there was a police siren. After that someone in a car playing their music so loud it vibrated the glass in my windows. Then the usual night visit of Charlie to lick my face reassuring me he still love me. I strange dream that I woke up from with this feeling I needed to do something very important immediately but had no idea what it was. Finally a truck backing up. Then I decided it was time to get up.

Tomorrow I plan on getting up early and heading out on the bike. I will be attempting to get to Belle Haven which is south of National Airport (I will wave to you Diane Hall Nees when I'm there). It's about 16 miles from my house. I will make sure I have a mask so if I'm completely spent from the ride there I can get on the Metro at National Airport and ride back home that way. Also have to figure out some sort of snack to bring.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Mall this morning.


No comments: