Wednesday, September 13, 2006

And the winner is . . .

Adrian Fenty. And he did it handily. It's been a long time since I actually voted for someone. Not since Gore. And for a change it's nice to vote for someone who wins!

There was a new wrinkle in the campaign this time. Recorded messages left on my answering machine! Now this has happened in the past. But I've never had so many messages left before. Friday there were five. Saturday there were four and twice I answered the phone and they were on the other end. Sunday there was six. Monday eight. Eight messages. I couldn't believe it. There were even a couple on election day.

But I was a good citizen and voted. Got to the polling place a little before it opened. I was home at 7:10.

And I'll be ready to do it all again in November.

No comments: