Wednesday, March 28, 2007

On vacation

I'm taking the week off. I've planned a couple of day trips. The first of which was going to Rehoboth Beach. It was a little cooler than I thought it would be but other wise I had a great time. Here are some pictures:






The beach at Rehoboth





The bandstand and War Memorial



Here's a guy out surfing. I think the water would have been cold!


This is the Indian River Life Saving Station Museum. This is before the Coast Guard. I got a tour of the building. It was very interesting. There were 6 men and a keeper. Two men were always out on the beach patrolling and one was up in the tower keeping watch. The men had to stand for 4 hour shifts. Really neat place.






St. Peter's Episcopal Church and graveyard.


Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Yum Yum.

2 comments:

Arthur Schenck said...

Great photos! It does look cold, though. But how do you pronounce "Rehoboth"?

Jason in DC said...

So now I'm a dictionary :-)

Let me see Re-ho-both

although the last syllable is more like beth