Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Odds and Ends of the Funny Kind

Several odds and ends to share of the very funny and amusing kind.

Peeps

The first is a link to the Washington Post and their annual Peeps Diorama contest. Hopefully these will show up at Artomatic like they did last year. Here are a couple from last year.






Star Wars

Next comes a test of your knowledge of the sounds of the Star Wars movies. Follow this link to take the test. I got 8 out of 10.


Words from the Internet


The internet is indeed a great and wonderful thing.

I found the words to the Rabbit of Seville one of my favorite Bugs Bunny cartoons. And they are:

How do??
Welcome to my shop, let me cut your mop, let me shave your crop
Daintily, daintily
Hey you!!
Don't look so perplexed, why must you be vexed, can't you see you're next
Yes you're next, you're so next
How about a nice close shave
Teach your whiskers to behave
Lots of lather lots of soap
Please hold still don't be a dope
Now we're ready for the scraping
There's no use to try escaping
Yell & scream & rant & rave
It's no use you need a shave
(oh ouch ouch oh ouch oh oh ouch)
There, you're nice and clean
Although you're face looks like it might have gone through a machine
Oh, wait until I get that rabbit
What would you want with a rabbit
Can't you see that I'm much sweeter
I'm your little senorita
You're my type of guy
Let me straighten your tie
And I shall dance for you



And for the Monty Python fan, the words of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch:

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Amen.


And that's all folks.

No comments: