Friday, March 23, 2012

The Cherry Blossoms 2012

The blossoms are always incredible. I went down with a friend to see them after work on Wednesday. It started out as a overcast but in the course of our walk the skies cleared. Here are some of the pictures I took.

This is also the 100th anniversary of the blossoms:

In 1912, an incredible gift of 3,000 cherry blossom trees was bestowed on Washington, DC by Tokyo, Japan. Rooted strongly and surviving outside elements, the trees have withstood the test of time – and nearly a century later, the National Cherry Blossom Festival is preparing for an unprecedented and once-in-a-lifetime celebration.

The epic 5-week spectacular, from March 20 – April 27, 2012, will unify and electrify the city, the nation, and the world. Washington, DC and the region will be abuzz with excitement. Creativity and innovation will permeate signature Festival events elevating them to new heights, and ground-breaking Centennial exhibitions and programming will amaze and delight. Timeless traditions. Rich culture. Renowned artists. World-class performers. The community at its best!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do I follow your blog? I do not see a button that says "Click on me and you can do so."

Thanks,
Tamara

Jason in DC said...

Thanks for much for wanting to follow my blog.

I've added Followers to my sidebar and you can join through that.