Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sprung Ahead

It’s that time of year when we spring ahead on our clocks. It usually takes me a week or so to move all the clocks forward. I still haven’t gotten to the one in the basement. Then of course the one on my DVR (it’s stand alone machine not connected to anything). It’s programed to move ahead automatically. The problem is that it’s programed with the old date for when Daylights Saving Time kicks in. So in a couple of weeks I’ll have to go back and adjust it again.

I like the fact that it is light later in the day. It’s nice to have the sun setting around 7. But I don’t like getting up in the dark. I go to the gym early and it was nice to almost being light when I left the house. Now it will be very dark when heading out. I also find springing ahead harder to adjust to. Getting up the first week is very hard for me because 5:15 feels like 4:15 because well, to my body, that’s what it is.

It is a reminder of just how soon spring will be here which I’m really looking forward to this year.

No comments: