Thursday, March 13, 2014

Springing Ahead

Ah yes the annual change in time. The time to spring ahead. To loose an hour of sleep but to have the sun set an hour later.

This year for some reason springing ahead has turned into a real pain. I’m tired most of the day that is except when I want to get to sleep. I wake up around 5 which of course my body is telling me is really 4. It says what the hell are you doing. But I get up anyway.

I drag myself through the day. By the time I get home I feel completely wiped out. I eat dinner. Then I sit on the couch and don’t do much of anything. Then around 9 or so I start to wake up. By the time I’m getting ready to go to bed, something around 10, I’m just about wide away. So I don’t fall asleep right away. And when 5 am rolls around I’m tired.

My mistake is not doing something in the evening. Taking a walk would be the right thing to do but the weather has not been all that cooperative in that department. DC is being treated to another near arctic blast. It was in the teens when I headed out for work this morning. A walk tonight is probably not in the offing. But I am going to try and go swimming after work.

I think by the weekend I will have adjusted to daylight savings time. I’m just waiting and hoping that spring will show up sometime in the not too distant future because we could sure use it.

No comments: