Sunday, April 13, 2014

More People than Petals?!

That's certainly the way it felt when I ventured down to the Tidal Basin on Saturday. I only got to the very fringe of it but everywhere you looked were people. People walking bikes. People with dogs, People with strollers. People. People. People.

I decided to only go down to where the paddle boats are and then tuned to walk back to the Mall. To give you an idea of just how many people were down there, I had to cross Maine Avenue to head back north. It took three lights for me to get cross the street. Three.

Walking up to the Mall all there was wave after wave of people. This was before noon. I can only imagine what the rest of the day had in store.

Trying to get close to the Tidal Basin

People watching the parade.

Near the cross walk at Maine Avenue

This is the cross walk at Maine Avenue

More of the cross walk


No comments: