Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Cold that Never Ends

To say the colds I have had in January have been a complete and total cluster fuck would be an understatement.

By my calculation I have not had a cold all of five days in the the month of January. My first one started soon after the new year. Finally I started feeling better over the MLK weekend. However by that Monday I was sick again. I have not felt well since.

Having to go out and shovel the snow in the storm did not help matters. I came back in the house all hot and sweaty. I could feel my chest contracting and filling up with all sorts of crap. The FOP which is my short hand for flow of phlegm has essentially been non stop. No matter what over the counter cold remedy seems to put any long term dent in the flow.

I'd hoped to catch up on posts. But by the time I get home from work, I am completely wiped out for the day. I consider it a major accomplishment to get dinner and clean up the dishes. My hope was to do a political post each week leading up to the Iowa Caucuses but that obviously did not happen.

I hope against hope that one day I'll wake up and be better but I have to say I don't put much stock in that. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I want to make sure I don't get bronchitis or some other fun thing.

I hope this week to play catch up. I actually feel a little better today. In the reason for that is it is 60 degrees outside. DC is supposed to have a couple more days like this and also some rain later in the week. So I hope to do a couple more posts today.

No comments: