Monday, January 23, 2017

Reaching the Stage

The view of the main stage



It took a little while but I finally got close to the main stage. I could see the stage but really couldn't see who was on the stage

Right at 10am the rally started. It went for the next four hours until the area I was in finally stated marching. And I didn't even hear all of the speakers.

I did get hear among others: Gloria Steinem, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson, America Ferrera, Angela Davis and many more.

From the Post:
Activist filmmaker Michael Moore ripped a copy of The Washington Post in half, noting the headline “Trump takes power” and declaring, “I don’t think so.” Actress America Ferrera said that “our new president is waging a war” on the values that define the country with “a credo of hate fear and suspicion of one another.”

“It’s been a heart-rending time to be both a woman and an immigrant,” said Ferrera, whose parents are from Honduras. “Our dignity, our character, our rights have been under attack.”

“But the president is not America,” she said. “We are America.”

The huge crowd delighted iconic feminist Gloria Steinem, 82, who was among the first speakers. “This is the upside of the downside,” she exulted. “This is an outpouring of democracy like I’ve never seen in my very long life.”




This shows how many people were behind me at the march.

No comments: