Monday, May 14, 2018

I Dreamed of Toast

I had the strangest dream the other day. I dreamt of toast. Yes toast. I don't remember exactly what happened in the dream. But the upshot was it was important to make toast and to make sure it did not burn.

As I was waking up I thought I smelled toast. I put off to remembering the end of the dream. But as I became more awake I did indeed smell toast in my bedroom. I thought for a few moments about this and just put it off to the dream. But once I was fully awake my room smelled like toast.

I was concerned that maybe I'd left something on somehow. But that made no sense. The toaster oven I have has a timer and would have gone off hours ago. I decided to go down stairs and see if I could smell anything down stairs.

As it turned out I didn't smell anything at all.

I should say I had a fan running in my window over night. I thought for a moment that the smell be coming from outside. Behind my house is one of those micro brew pub. But since I didn't smell the smell at the back of the house It wasn't coming from there.

I went outside to see if I could pick up the scent. But to no avail.

I went back upstairs to my bedroom and again there was the toast smell. Still couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

That's the only day the smell of toast permeated my bedroom. So it remains a mystery where it exactly came from.

No comments: