Friday, August 15, 2008

Tale of the Waistline

I decided to conduct a little experiment this morning. Since it is Friday, it is casual day at my office. I usually wear blue jeans. I wondered if from all my work outs if I'd really lost weight where it seems to matter most. Randy, my trainer, says that I look thinner. But it is hard for me to tell.

I thought I'd see if I could fit into any of my old jeans. I don't throw out clothes that don't fit me because I'm going to take them to Good Will or some other place so they can be used again. That's why I have a big pile of clothes that don't fit because I never get around to taking them anywhere.

The waist on my jeans now is a 36. Not too long ago I just about filled all 36 inches. Now, however, the pants are loose. I went into the wardrobe I have in my front bedroom and dug out some old jeans. I started with the jeans with the 32 inch waist. The waist size I was for years. I got them one but they were too tight. On to the next size 33 inch waist. They were too tight too. The nest size was 34 inch. They fit. But with the two pairs of jeans that were too tight I could button the button and zip up the zipper. At the beginning of this year I couldn't do either with those pair of jeans.

One other objective way of seeing that working out is really paying off.

1 comment:

Arthur Schenck said...

Congrats! And by the sound of it, you'll continue to get a "new" wardrobe from the effort!