Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Trip to Annapolis

Well the question now was what to do about lunch.

I started heading back home and thought wouldn't it be cool to drive to Annapolis for lunch. I looked at my watch it was a little after twelve. I went back and forth on it and then decided why not.

I got to my car at 12:20. I made it to Annapolis, found parking, picked out a place to eat and ordered lunch by 1:15. Not bad at all. I ate at a very nice place called the Federal House. I had a fried Grouper sandwich along with fries. It was really good.

After that I walked around some and got some ice cream. I got a scoop of mint chocolate chip and a scoop of chocolate chocolate chip. I walked around the harbor looking at the sites. I then walked into some shops. Around 3:30 or so I thought it was time to go home.

In all a wonderful afternoon.

Well except for one small thing. It was not huge actually it's more amusing. The people who were sitting next to me at lunch obviously worked for the coroner office. Now you might ask how I know this and that would be because they were discussing their work over lunch. They were only getting into general details until, of course, my lunch arrived. They were talking about some 68 year old woman who'd been found in her home. It looked like she'd been in bed for several days before being discovered. It was at that point the meal arrived.

I decided the best thing to do was to listen very intently to the music being played. Well that did not do the trick because I could still hear them talking. So I thought to myself la la la la la. Still talking about it. More la la las in my head. Finally they moved on to office politics. I could eat my sandwich in peace.





No comments: