Friday, August 20, 2010

An Update on Sam



















Sam continues to do well. Well that is until this past weekend. No crisis where I had to rush him to the vet or anything like that. He just decided he was done with eating with his food. I’d noticed that he wasn’t cleaning his plate last Friday and Saturday. That’s happened before. There are days when he’ll eat a great deal and then the next not all that much.

But there was an even better give away that Sam was no longer intereted in his wet food. I was in the living room ready my book. I heard what sounded like a paper bag being crumpled. I heard this on an off for a few minutes. Then it stopped. A little later I heard what sounded like a paper bag being torn up. I put down my book and looked around trying to figure out where the noise was coming from. Couldn’t seem to locate the sound. I noticed Sam come out of the back room off the kitchen.

The tearing sound started up again in about 20 minutes. I stopped reading again and decided I was going to find out where the noise was coming from. It was coming from the room off the kitchen. I parted the curtains and found Sam. There was a large bag of his old dry food. He’d torn a hole in the bag and was eating from it. That’s when I knew for sure that he was over the wet food.

Thankfully, I had cans of the other wet food. I put that on a plate and gave it to him. I went back to reading my book and hoped for the best. I came back an hour alter and the food was all gone. Problem solved at least I hope so. Tuesday I went to the vets and got some more of the food as well as an additional hydration pack.

And that’s the update on Sam.

No comments: