Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Pachyderm Parade

I went to the pachyderm parade last night.

From the Post:

The elephants are back in town. The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus is heading to the Verizon Center later this week for nine shows in four days, which means it’s time for the annual elephant walk in D.C.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen the parade. I thought it would be fun. It was supposed to kick off around 8. The route would take them past the Capitol. I thought that would make a great picture. I went home from work. I had dinner and then headed down to the Mall. I got my spot a little after 7:30. I figured they would be walking by around 8:20 or so. I thought there might be just enough light to make a really great picture. I also found out the elephants would be stopping there.

The only problem is the parade kicked off around 9. The wind had come up and it was cold. It was completely dark. There aren’t many street lights around where I was. So no great photo of the elephants in front of the Capitol. I think I got a couple of shots.

If I do this again hopefully the day will be warmer and I’ll find a spot with some nice street lights so the pictures come out a little better.

But it was a fun thing to see.


No comments: