Friday, September 23, 2016

A Great Lunch and a Quick Stop at the National Gallery




Had a great lunch today with a friend and former co-worker. We met up around 1 today and had lunch. We caught up on what's been going on with us.

We commiserated on our unemployment experiences. While hers was a while ago, she did have some good advice on what to do. The main thing is that you have to accept there is only so much you can do each day. After that you have to step away from it or you'll drive yourself crazy. I agreed. She also had some suggestions on things to do. I'll be following up on those in the coming days.

After we parted company I was going to go see the movie The Magnificent Seven but it was such a nice day out I decided not to. I got off the Metro at Gallery Place. Walked down to the National Gallery. I took a quick walk around seeing some of my favorite. Then walked to Union Station and headed home.

Here's a little of what I saw.








No comments: