Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rules of the Road

I've been out driving some these past fews days. I noticed all sorts of interesting driving.

I don't exactly understand why people run the stop sign right near my house. Especially when the light the next block down is red. Why bother? I can understand why people would run the stop light if the light at the next block is green. The green light is very short and you have to sit at the red light for a very long time.

I don't exactly understand why on a one way street someone moves their car off to the left. Let me clarify that a little on two occasions recently someone was waiting for a parking place. So they move off to the left but all there really move is the front of the car off to the left. The back of the car is sticking out in the lane. And in fact by moving the front of the car off to the left the back of the car is sticking out even more into the other lane. In once case an SUV barely got around.

I don't exactly understand why people slow down coming almost to a stop and then put on their turn signal. Seems to me you could do that before the slowing down part.

I don't exactly understand why people think it is correct to make a right hand turn from the far left hand land and then be surprised when other drivers get upset at this.

One last thing is directed at pedestrians. If you are going to jaywalk get your behind across the street don't talk with the person next to you or blab on your cell phone. Get across the street. Or if you're not getting across the street don't be startled when you are almost hit by a car.

No comments: