Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Sunny Day in London Town

It was sunny the whole day. Ok not the entire day it was a little cloudy and there was some rain in the morning but otherwise a beautiful glorious sunny day.

I went to the Dr. Who exhibit. Yes I am a Dr. Who geek and this was the exhibit to go to. The exhibits were from the recent Dr. Who episodes and were very good. Got some good pictures and some good video.

Then I put my Oyster Card to work. I took the Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge to gain access to Hyde Park. I walked around Hyde Park for a while and visited the Wellington Monument. I also went up into the Monument and got great views of Hyde Park and down toward the Palace. Now here's the very cool part. I got the Tube at Hyde Park Corner which is on the Piccadilly Line. I went to Green Park and transferred to the Jubilee Line to Bond Street. At Bond Street I transferred to the Circle Line and got off at Marble Arch. I saw Marble Arch and Hyde Park Speakers Corner. Head a couple of speakers.

Next took the Tube to Tottenham Court Road and transferred to the Northern Line and went to Leicester Square. I eventually eneded up at Covent Garden. It was jammed with people infact just about the whole city was jammed with people. I took in several wonderful performances at Covent Garden. A blues guitarist and a small orchestra along with a magician and a few others. It was fantastic.

I then wandered over to the National Portrait Gallery. I saw the VAnity Fair Portraits along with a large part of the rest of the Gallery. Then I went down the street and went to the National Gallery. Saw a wide selection of art Turner, Renoir, some very impressive works by Seurat. I then walked around Trafalgar Sqaure again completely full of people. I took a slow walk up toward Chinatown where I had dinner and then took the Tube back to the B&B.

If I have any strength left after a little rest I might just go out and see what the nightlife is like.

Day two has been a complete success. Tomorrow I'm off to Hampton Court.

One quick final point: time changes today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your B&B like? Please describe. — Ed

tinaseamonster said...

is the portrait of Ricky Gervais still there? i love it and him.

we wanna see pics of the dr. who exhibit!

how is the thames? she must love bridges. she has so many.
tina!

Anonymous said...

Full gory details of the Doctor Who exhibit, please, for those of us who have seen some 660-odd episodes but none made in this century....(upon your return, of course).

What's the B&B's address? (For mapping purposes.) Are you near RADA?

All sounds fabulous so far. One quibble: STOP BLOGGING AND JUST DO you silly person.

- The Once & Future Outer Spice

Jason in DC said...

B&B is fine. Room is very small but does have a bathroom. Also a fireplace but if you get up too quickly from the couch you can hit your head on it. Guess how I know that.

As to Dr. Who, I have pictures and video which I will post when I get back. It was great fun

The Jesmond is at 63 Gower Street. It is about 4 blocks from the British Museum.

I blog in the small amount of down time. It helps me put the day in perspective.