Monday, April 21, 2008

My London Trip

My London trip is probably one of the best vacations I've ever had. I really can't think of a way it could have been any better.

My trip to New Zealand was an incredible adventure too; but, once I got to New Zealand, I was in the very capable hands of my friends Arthur and Nigel. With the trip to London, I had to do all the planning. And I will say I did a damn good job!

There were so many wonderful things to see. I guess my favorite museum was the British Museum. Every time I went there there was something new to discover. The last day I was in London I stumble upon three galleries I didn't even know that were there. I really liked Hampton Court too. The trip to and from there went flawlessly. In fact, just about everything went flawlessly. I didn't get lost on the Tube not once. I did get lost a couple of times walking around but was quickly able to figure out where I needed to be.

I was amazed by the sheer number of people in the city. Not everyone was a tourist but they did account for a big percentage of the people out and about. I can only image what it must be like during the summer.

I really loved the place where I stayed. I cannot say enough of how great the Jesmond Hotel is. It could not have been in a better location. Close enough to just about everywhere I wanted to go, but, at the same time, just a little off the beaten path. And the people at the Jesmond were fantastic.

I guess the question is how do you improve on perfection. The answer is the only way to find out is to go back again. I can hardly wait to go!!!!




















































































































































































No comments: