Friday, July 08, 2011

Another Love Note from the Heritage Foundation


I received yet another “ballot” from the Heritage Foundation in the mail this week. I’ve included a scan of the “ballot.” Once again lots of bold italic. I guess they really want to drive home their points. Also the usual unbiased language in the “ballot” questions.

Here are a couple of examples:

Are you concerned by the dramatic increases in federal spending that have been approved by President Barack Obama?

Thanks to pork projects and Big Government budgets, the federal government spent more than $30,500 per household. Does this level of spending meet your definition of fiscal responsibility?


I have to say the first question is pretty straight forward except for the word dramatic. The second question is just completely biased. "Pork projects" is never defined and why exactly is big government capitalized.

More to the point how did I ever get on these guys mailing list. It seems pretty obvious to me that the Heritage Foundation's marketing department bought a new mailing list. How else to explain how completely out of the blue I've received not one but two mailings from these guys in a little over two weeks. I mailed back the "ballot" and asked that my name be removed from the mailing list.

No comments: