Friday, July 22, 2011

HOT HOT TOH

It's so hot I can't even spell hot right. How hot is it:

But the air temperatures are just part of the story. Reagan National’s heat index, factoring in humidity, reached 121 at 3 p.m., the highest known level since 122 on July 16, 1980

And it is very hot out. I think the best way I can describe it when you walk outside is when you open your oven to take something out of it. There is just this wave of heat. They once you step out into it you can barely breathe. You become drenched in sweat in a matter of moments. It's almost a waste of time putting on deodorant.

There is supposed to be one more really bad day. Saturday it will be triple digits again. Then Sunday it will get a little better. The temperature will be back down near normal and hopefully the humidity and dew point will be too.

I will say that the local media really played this up. When you consider that we're only going to have like four really bad days. Hell we could be in Oklahoma City where they've had 29 days where the temperature's been above 100. And it looks like they'll be having at least another week of it to. Like I said hell.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. I'm going out early Saturday morning. I plan on coming back and reading my book and watching some movies in the nice air conditioning.

No comments: