Thursday, October 12, 2006

Taking a breath

Another full day. Large part of it spent at the zoo. Lions and tigers but no bears. Also spent time at MOTAT which is the Museum of Transport and Technology. This was a very cool place. A huge range of exhibits pioneers of aviations, sound and photography, trains, trams, Victorian village. In another location was the aviation section that included a Lancaster bomber from World War II and an air boat.

At the zoo we got to feed one of the giraffes. It has a prehensile tongue and it used the tongue to grab hold of the celery we were offering.

We made a preliminary route for our tour of the North Island. We're going to be heading east.

Tomorrow I'm going to head in with Nigel when he goes to work. That'll leave Art some time to do things around the house and get ready for the trip. I'm going to be doing the New Zealand sail around 10. I plan to wonder around after that.

It was little warmer today and the wind was not as strong.

I've learned the hamburger is not hamburger here but meat mince.

Also had a nice pie for lunch. Pies are not what you think of. Pies in most places are like pot pies. I happened to have a chicken and veritable one. It was very good.

This closed my first full week in New Zealand. I can't believe how just beautiful this place is. Just about every where you look and in every direction you look there is something to see. The bridge walk added a whole new perspective to seeing the city. I expect the sail will do the same.

The woman who was my guide on the bridge walk had done the sail like a week before. She said you could participate and then decide you were tired and just go along for the ride. I'm hoping I can do both. I can hardly wait.

More later.

HAPPY FIRST WEEK TO ME!!!!!!!

No comments: