Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jury Duty

Oh the joys of jury duty.

I have it on July 2.

In the questionnaire that is sent out to you, you’re asked if you’ve served in the last two years. The last time I had jury duty was June 22, 2006. I called and asked if I had to go on July 2. I got the response of well it would be more than two years. Yeah more than two years by 10 days.

Also why doesn't the Clerk of the Court know the last time you were called for jury duty. It would seem to me that that would be something the Court would have a record of.

So this means in a little more than five years, I’ve had jury duty three times (the time before 2006 was in 2003).

I’m curious and a little pissed off as to why I’ve been called so many times in such a short period of time. I can’t believe that there aren’t enough people around to make my summons less frequent. Or maybe it’s just that people don’t show up at all. Or are there so many cases that they need to call that many people in to serve on juries.

No comments: