Saturday, December 27, 2008

An Extra Day!

I got an extra day. Not by choice but because the weather here in Springfield was so bad. An incredible line of thunderstorms went through the area. They started as far south as Dallas and extended all the way up past St. Louis. It was around 64 this morning. Now it is in the 30s. A big change in the weather. There was thunder and lightening.

I was all packed up. We put everything in my dad's car and headed over to Ed and Jennifer's to say goodbye before heading to the airport. Around 10:30 I got a call on my cell phone. It was an automated message from American Airlines saying my flight had been cancelled. It said I was booked on a 7 am flight (again!!) from Springfield to St. Louis. I'd arrive around 8 am and have almost 4 hours to wait until the flight into DC. I'm hoping if things go as planned to be home around 3:30 tomorrow afternoon.

So I got an extra day out of it. We went and saw a movie this afternoon. We saw Marley and Me. It was pretty good. Ed and I thought it was a little too long. Tonight we are going to go out to dinner and look at some Christmas lights.

Hopefully all will be calm and bright tomorrow.

These are a few pictures of the sculptures at the Springfield art gallery. We went there yesterday afternoon. It has a very nice collection but you couldn't take any pictures inside.




No comments: