Monday, May 31, 2010

Wednesday's Shows

Two great shows for Wednesday.























A Little Night Music. I remember a very long time ago going down to Chicago with a group in high school to see this show. It was so long ago that Margaret Hamilton played the Angela Lansbury role. The theater was small. Usually one that has plays rather than musicals in it. I was in row P dead center. I don't think I could have had a better seat. The show was fantastic. To be able to see Angela Lansbury wow. She was great in her role. Catherine Zeta-Jones was excellent too. A wonderful theater experience.

























Yes, shocking to think I'd see Mamma Mia. The show was very good except for one performer who wasn't entirely up to snuff in my opinion. The audience was another matter. I ended up being in the non-English speaking section. Just about everyone around me was speaking Italian. They were also taking pictures like crazy. This was before the performance started. At one point I just closed my eyes so I wouldn't be blinded by all the camera flashed going off. Then during the performance they had this need to talk to each other. Now they didn't whisper no they tried to talk over the dialog and the songs. It got a little better during the second act and I finally got to really enjoy the show. Guess this means I'll have to see it again to get a proper New York experience.

No comments: