Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting Back on Track at the Gym

With the things going on with Sam and holidays and what not, it’s been hard to maintain my schedule at the gym. I’m not missing any training sessions but spinning has suffered. I went to my first Monday spinning class in more than a month. But I’m hoping to get back into the groove. I went to the class on Saturday. I also made it to the gym on Sunday for a workout.

The goal for each week is this: Sunday-work out; Monday morning-spinning; Wednesday morning-spinning; Wednesday evening- training session; Friday morning-training session; Saturday-spinning. Tuesdays and Thursdays I want to go for morning walks while working in hydrating Sam. It’s been very hot lately but I still want to try and get in the walks.

That leaves the one ares I’m still having problems with my weight. I was up above 180 for a couple of weeks. I’m going to put that up to all stress over the situation with Sam and life in general. But I’m making some improvements. I’m going to try and ride the stationary bike for 15 to 20 minutes after dinner. It won’t be right after dinner probably half an hour or so. I also hope to maybe go for a short walk a couple times a week. I also plan to be a little more active around the house. Doing some cleaning things along that line. I know the house will greatly appreciate it.

The training sessions are going great. I got to pick what type or routine I wanted to do with Shawn on Wednesday. I could pick one of our regular workout or I could pick three body parts and we’d concentrate on just those. I choose the three body parts: legs, chest and arms. It was a killer workout. It was really taxing. But I did a couple of exercises much better than I did them a couple of months ago. I was very pleased. The work out with Ed on Friday went just as well. There is no doubt that I’m getting stronger and more coordinated. I have to improve my non-training days and get my diet to where it needs to be. I’m hoping in the next month or so accomplish that.

No comments: