Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Joys of Changing Your Email Address

I switched from DirecTV to Xfinity. I also changed email providers from Earthlink. I thought the switch over from email address would be pretty simple. After all how many places can your email address be.

Well a whole hell of a lot of places. All your credit card or bank accounts. Then all the other sites or services you subscribe to. I’ve also notice that for many places that you receive emails from it is really easy to unsubscribe but it is not as easy to change your email address. In some cases it is impossible to change the address.

Then of course on all these sites you have to remember what your screen name is. Thankfully on most, but not all, sites that’s your email address. Then the fun is remembering what your password is. I know they say you’re not supposed to use the same password for sites but with all the places one has to log into how is that possible. In some cases I have to ask my password be sent to me because I just can’t remember what it is.

I haven’t changed blogger yet or my Apple accounts yet. I’m building up my courage to do that. I hope it will be easy. I’m concerned about my Apple account. If I change the email address will it be changed on my iPhone because you’re prompted for the email address when you download new apps.

My goal is to have this all done by the end of the month. Here’s hoping I make it.

No comments: