My friend Peter and Tom have opened up a gallery in Middleburg. It opened a couple of months ago. I've been wanting to go since it opened. I thought it would be great to see them again and great to see the gallery. I'd been following the gallery on Facebook.
So this Saturday they were going to have Jiamie Pyles play music and serve up some refreshments. I thought I need to go and see them. Jiamie was singing between 1-3. I decided to go out a little early and go to Sky Meadows and on the way back stop off at the gallery.
What a fantastic time! It was great to catch up with Peter and Tom and see the wonderful space they have created for some great art.
Here's a little more on the Middleburg Arts Project from their web site:
The Middleburg Arts Project is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission to enrich, educate and inspire the community by providing access to exceptional visual art while creating and supporting opportunities for artists to achieve a sustainable living.
- MAP is committed to promoting the teaching, understanding and appreciation of the visual arts to students and the public in Middleburg, Virginia.
- MAP will partner with other organizations to promote all the arts in Middleburg and the Piedmont region of Virginia.
Middleburg Arts Project envisions an engaged community, building a lively and vibrant town with artist studios, galleries and performance venues.
Middleburg Arts Project imagines Middleburg as a vivacious arts town that retains its historic character, its horse and hunt country traditions, while embracing, valuing and supporting its artists.
- Middleburg will be known for the arts
- A town people visit to see and hear the arts in its many forms
- A town where businesses are thriving from the excitement of expressive, imaginative artists
- A town where the community is inspired by artists and their creativity.
Again I had such a great time there. If you are in the area you should stop by and see this great place and say hello to Peter and Tom.
|Jiamie Pyles entertaining the gallery goers|
|Inside the gallery. It has a wide range of art from paintings to sculptures to furniture.|
|A couple of Peter's works|
|Tom and Peter on the deck of the gallery.|