Monday, March 14, 2016

Springing Ahead

I have to say I don’t like when time changes. I think I mind it more when we spring ahead. The reason is that it was starting to get light in the morning. It’s nice to have some light in the mornings.

This is especially true when I’m leaving for the gym. It’s very early when I do that. So it’s not like there daylight out then but the sun is starting to come up. There’s a little light in the sky. Saturday the sun came up at 6:23. Sunday morning of course it was an hour later. The sun won’t be rising at 6:23 until April 21.And we didn’t even get to enjoy the extra hour of day light on Sunday because it was all over cast and rainy.

Besides it being dark in the morning, the other thing I don’t like about springing ahead is that I’m tired for a week. At the nomal time for bed, I don’t feel all that sleepy so I have a tendency to stay up. Then of course when it’s time to get up at 5am, it’s really like getting up at 4am. Even Charlie and Linus look at me like I’m crazy.

It seems to me in this day and age, we could just stay on day light savings time the whole year and be done with it. But that’s probably not likely to happen any time soon.

No comments: