Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Hall and Oates

I saw Hall and Oates on Monday at the Strathmore Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

First something about the concert hall itself. It was just fantastic. It is just beautiful. Just about everything expect the cushion in the seats is made of wood. The sound is incredible. We were in row N dead center. As I said the sound was incredible. I'm looking forward to going back seeing something there very soon.

As to the concert well the guys were great. They added a string section, Two violins, a viola and a cello. It really did add a great deal to the performance. Here's the review of the concert from the Post. I had no idea Daryl Hall was 60. Oh my.

They played for about 2 hours. They sang such hits as One on One, She's Gone, Family Man, Maneater, Say It Isn't So, Do It for Love. Daryl seemed to be especially on that night.

Like last year, when I saw them, I got a recording of the concert. About 20 minutes or so after the concert ended I has my two disc CD of the concert. The track names even showed up on iTunes. It is a wonderful way to remember the night over and over again.

No comments: