Thursday, July 24, 2008

Strange Phone Call

I got a really strange call the other day. Actually I got a message on my answering machine.

Here's how it went. This call is for Joe Smith (that's not the name used). If you are not Joe Smith do not listen to the rest of the message. Well I am indeed not Joe Smith. How exactly was I to determine what the call was about unless I listened to the rest of the message.

The message was from sort of collection agency. A number was left and I called. I said you have a wrong number there's no one by that name here. The woman at the other end of the phone has a hell of a time hearing me. I had to say my phone number to her three or four times before she could get it right.

With the number she was able to access the account. She then proceeded to ask me if Joe Smith was at this number. I said no he wasn't; thus the reason for my call. She then asked if I knew Joe Smith. I said no I don't know Joe Smith; once again the reason for my call to make sure I'm not called again in the search for Joe Smith. She apologized and said I'll make a note of this and we won't bother you again.

As we say in my family we'll see. But I have a feeling I'll be getting more calls for Joe Smith.

No comments: