Saturday, July 19, 2008

Working Out Update

I had a busy week. I did the bike rides on Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday I had a session with Randy. What did we work on? Of course legs. Wednesday I took a spinning class (legs again). Thursday training session also had leg work in it too. Friday morning I could barely get out of bed.

I'm taking this weekend off. I was going to go to a spinning class this morning but I'm still sore. I decided not to push my luck. I might if I feel up to it go and work out tomorrow but that's a big if.

Next week I'm taking a break from training sessions. Randy's out of town at the end of the week and I had some scheduling conflicts with Tuesday. So with the week free I'm going to try something new. There's a spinning class on Tuesday. The instructor is a guy I took classes with like 9 years ago when I was at Ballys. Then a yoga class on Thursday. Randy keeps saying that a yoga class would help with my flexibility. I'd do my regular workouts on Wednesday and Friday.

I've reached another floor on my weight. I'm hovering right around 175. I haven't been eating as well as I should in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping to try and improve on that this week. I'm going to a friends cook-out today but plan on not eating too much. Ok, well maybe I'll start tomorrow. I'm hoping by Labor Day to be below 175 and closer to 170.

I think I'm hitting a good stride on everything. The training has been going very well. Randy's up the intensity of the workouts. Most of the time I feel totally drained at the end of them which is the way I should feel. I do notice that I recover a lot quicker then when I started with him. I'm going to start riding my bike to work a couple of days a week. I would have this week but my legs were not into it. I also had several after work events this week. The bike rides are going very well as last weekend points out. Next weekend the plan is to do two more. The idea being to increase the mileage for each day. I'm hoping to get closer to 100 miles over two day.

And that's where I stand with one more thing to say is that I can actually see muscles in my arms. Yeah!

No comments: