Sunday, September 28, 2008

National Book Festival, 2008

I went down to the National Book Festival yesterday and saw three authors speak. Rick Atkinson, Bob Schieffer and Cokie Roberts.









































































Rick Atkinson talked about his book The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy, 1953-1944. It is part of a trilogy of books about World War II. I'm in the middle of reading it right now. It is very good. I like the way he writes. He talked about how to make history interesting and the way he says he does it is by finding characters to write about.

1 comment:

Serena said...

I was wondering about atkinson's books. I may have to check them out.

here's my experience at the festival:
http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2008/09/2008-national-book-festival-recap.html