Friday, September 05, 2008

"A Task From God"

It seems that Governor Palin thinks that the U.S. sent troops to Iraq on a task from God.
I guess sort of like a crusade or something like that. Isn't that a scary thought.

She then goes on to talk about a natural gas pipeline:

Palin told graduating students of the church's School of Ministry, "What I need to do is strike a deal with you guys." As they preached the love of Jesus throughout Alaska, she said, she'd work to implement God's will from the governor's office, including creating jobs by building a pipeline to bring North Slope natural gas to North American markets.

"God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

"I can do my job there in developing our natural resources and doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded," she added. "But really all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."


I think the question needs to be asked exactly what does being "right with God" mean. And what happens to people who aren't right with God.

I stumbled on this video from my friends Art site who got it from some other site. I think this is a good wrap of the way I felt about the Republican convention. Here it is:

No comments: