Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Thoughts




















Well I was finally able to post a little from the concert. I was really impressed by the line up of people who performed. Also how quickly they were able to get people on and off stage. Here's what the Post had to say. Or you can read this from Rolling Stone.

Everyone was very good but here's who I thought stood out:

Bette Lavette and Jon Bon Jovi singing A Change Is Gonna Come. They were fantastic together. Their voices together were amazing.

James Taylor, John Legend and Jennifer Nettles who sang Shower the People.

John Mellencamp had great energy.

Garth Brooks really surprised me. He was excellent. Really got the crowd going.

User, Shakira and Stevie Wonder singing Higher Ground.

U2 they're U2 what else can you say.

To close the concert was Beyonce singing America.

What a way to end it.

In all an amazing performance by an incredible group of performers celebrating a truly historic event. And I can say I was there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beyonce put too many notes, it was gross.

Garth Brooks was terrible, he just sounded forced.

why was U2 and Shakira there? they aren't Americans?

The Boss was amazing, so was Lavette & Bon Jovi (weird I know), and so was Stevie Wonder group.

Can't wait to see pictures from the inauguration?