Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sam

15 years ago today I got Sam. I had thought about getting a cat. I lived in an apartment and thought a cat would be the right type of pet to have. A cat would be easier to take care of. Also a cat is not a noticeable as a dog i.e. makes. less noise.

I found Sam at a pet shop on U Street called Companions. I was meeting friends from brunch to celebrate the fact I'd gotten a job at the World Bank. I was a little early and decided to go and take a look and see if they had any cats. And there was Sam or Warrior as he was called in those days (yes Warrior what a stupid name for a cat).

I met up with my friends for brunch. I told them about seeing the cat. I said, if he was there when I was finished with brunch, I'd buy him. Well it turned out he was indeed there and I got him. Lucky one of friends at the brunch had a car so getting Sam home was not a problem.

The rest they say is history.

So to celebrate 15 years here are some pictures of Sam over the years. It's what I call a Samathon.




No comments: