Monday, August 17, 2015

Final Pictures from the Beach Exhibit



I just thought this was such a fun thing to go to. I decided to post a couple more pictures of my adventure at the Beach from last week.

One thing that I was surprised at was it was a little difficult to move around. The deep end of the pool is 3 and a half feet deep. It’s almost impossible to get your feet on the floor of the pool. That makes it a little difficult to get up.

That’s what I found when I buried myself up to my neck. I was a little concerned about that. I thought I might have to ask someone to give me a helping hand in order to get up. But I “swam” close to shore and was able to get up on my own.

Here's a little more from the Post on this great exhibit:
The inspiration for creating an indoor beach came from wanting to bring a classic American summertime activity to the city. The design, by architecture firm Snarkitecture, aimed to create a simple indoor version of a typical beach experience.

“You can jump off the pier, have a snack, hang out in a chair and read a book,” said Snarkitecture co-founder Alex Mustonen. “Basically what you would do at the beach.”

Besides everyday fun, every Wednesday “The Beach” will stay open until 9 p.m., and the museum will offer scavenger hunts, live music, tours and games. There are even plans for volleyball.

It took only two weeks to build the indoor beach, even though the pit holds about 1 million balls.

And, Mom won’t yell at you for swimming in the deep end. “You can’t really reach the bottom” of the ball pit, Mustonen said.

However, like in a real ocean, getting around can be tough. “They have this density that makes it so you can’t really walk or stand in them,” Mustonen said of the balls. They create a similar feeling of wading into the ocean with waves crashing around you.
The beach is here for a little while longer. Don't miss out on it.



Putting my feet in the water

Looks like I'm going down for the last time!


Oh noooooooo!!!!







No comments: