Saturday, November 25, 2006

I survived Thanksgiving

It sounds more dramatic than it actually was. Well then again. Here’s the story I cooked a turkey breast that I had frozen in my freezer (and yes where else but the freezer would it stay frozen for three years). As someone at work said it was an aged turkey breast.

I did a little research. What I found out was that after a year the turkey will start to loose some of its flavor. No where that I looked did it say to throw it out if it had been frozen for over a year. So I figured what the hell. It was only going to be me eating the thing and there are several hospitals very close by.

After being in the oven for three hours I was beginning to wonder. It had one of those pop up things that tells you when it is done. Finally it popped. I cooked the turkey in one of those oven bags so it turned out very moist. Not dry at all. And it had lost some of its taste. I’m going to make another meal out of it today and then toss the rest.

No comments: