Saturday, April 28, 2007

Those we've lost

3,328 have been killed in Iraq. Click on their name or picture to learn more about them.

Here are a few we've lost:









Cmdr. Philip A. Murphy-Sweet












Spec. James J. Coon












Chief Petty Officer Gregory J. Billiter











Sgt. William W. Bushnell


Each one of these guys is a hero to me.

At least once a week I go to the Post site called Faces of the Fallen.

I look at the profile and pictures of those brave men who we've lost. I think by and large they are being ignored by the public. I see many signs saying support our troops. I don't see much genuine action in that area. Once a week on every news show there should be a portrait about one of these amazing people. But somehow coverage of Anna Nicole Smith and now her baby get more coverage than these guys. There is something very very very wrong with that. So, as I said before, from time to time, probably twice a month, I'll be posting some pictures. What we hear on the news are numbers who died; these are faces to go with those numbers.

No comments: